Powderham 10km multi terrain and Ron Hill


First race since I completed the 1000 mile cycle ride. Had a couple of solid weeks training, with some good mileage,but nothing as quick as my 10km race pace.so the 10km race around powderham was tough. however was hot, sunny and a nice course ahead, along with marathon legend Ron Hill running it (now 71 years old). He is a former marathon world record holder and european and commonwealth champion.
I ran well, but was hard as i was shadowed by pete for the whole race and both spent time in the lead. I thought i had broke him on a few hills, but he came back at me. i almost conceeded to 2nd place, but found something on the last hill and pulled away in the final 1km to cross the line about 14 seconds ahead of him. I was pleased with the result, but am a bit rusty at the shorter fast distances at the mo. At the presentation i met Ron and recieved a £50 running shop voucher.

Comments